Friday, May 29, 2009

Forgotten Books...

Patti's taking the week off from her Forgotten Books Project and I am, too. I used the free time to finish chapter one of my steampunk novel and turned it in today to a writer's workshop to be held at Apollocon here in Houston a month from now. Tune in next week as she's asking us to review our favorite non-fiction books. As a historian, the list is long but I think I've narrowed it down.

In the meantime, Monday is Wild West Monday #3, spearheaded by Gary Dobbs. Head on over to The Tainted Archive for more information. Sing the petition if you're of a mind. I'll have a special post on Monday as well.

If you haven't done so, head on over to Beat to a Pulp and read David Cranmer's "Vengeance on the 18th." As I head out to play golf today, I'll, uh, be looking over my shoulder.

Lastly, if you're a Sherlock Holmes fan, you should check out Mack Captures Crime and follow him as he re-reads the Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle. He has some great insights.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Man, I couldn't spend a nice day golfing, but I hope you have fun.

mybillcrider said...

So you'll be at Apollocon. Me, too, I hope.

David Cranmer said...

Thanks for the linkage and I hope your game is a safe one. Oh, and Anonymous has a point.

Chris said...

Anonymous clearly has a point. However, I wouldn't click any of those links! :P

Scott D. Parker said...

Charles - The course, The Falls at New Ulm, kicked our a$$! Both days. But a bad day golfing is loads better than a good day in the office.

Bill - Yes, I will be there. I'm planning on at least Friday and Saturday. My chapter was accepted for the critique group so that's good. Wonder when the actual schedule will be released.

David - Yes, the game was safe. The only thing is the sore muscles.

Chris - [wink] Thanks. I'll not click on any links. Good to see you back.