Monday, February 1, 2010

Writing Stats: January 2010

I enjoyed reading JT Ellison's Annual Review over at Murderati and thought it might be fun to do something similar. I plan on doing it monthly. To date, I like the ratio since fiction beats non-fiction.

Total Words Written: 23,688

Fiction: 13,402
-Story #1 (i.e., Calvin Carter's Second Adventure): 6,910
-Story #2 (draft complete; editing): 4,627
-Story #3 (started): 1,865

Blogs total: 10,286
-DSD: 2,020*
-CSI Recaps: 2,412
-My blog: 5,854

*I didn't include the two reprints I posted this month.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've never tried to do this. My writing leaps around so much I might find it hard to keep up with. I'll have to see if I can.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I would hate to see how much more writing went into my blog posts and comments than my stuff. But I need to think about that.

Scott D. Parker said...

Charles - It isn't that difficult. I just copied all my posts into a Word file and let it count. I went ahead and saved the Word file, too. It'll make it easier when I do the annual round-up.

Patti - I chose not to include comments even though some of them could be short posts on the blog. Too hard to find'em all.

David Cranmer said...

I like watching your progress but am not one to keep track of my own. I just hit the keyboard everynight and hope for the best.