Tuesday, July 29, 2008

George Pelecanos: A Voice for Modern America

I just love it when books by my favorite authors are published because lots of periodicals start producing interviews and excerpts. I already referenced a great piece from the Washington Post in a previous blog.

Today comes a wonderful piece (with links aplenty) from The Rap Sheet. Pay special attention to the link, from Britain's Observer, about Pelecanos's career.

I bought Pelecanos's latest, The Turnaround, this past Saturday. The review will be forthcoming. In the meantime, visit The Rap Sheet.

1 comment:

Will Howard said...

I’m compiling a bibliography of “Texas Historical and Literary Blogs,” and yours had been selected as one of the entries. The list will be published as the August issue of “Will’s Texana Monthly.” Can you contact me by email to establish an email through which I can forward you a copy of the annotated list? Thanks. Will Howard (http://texasparlor.blogspot.com )