Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday Short Story Reviews

One of my goals in my professional life is to write short stories. I don't expect to be someone like the late Edward D. Hoch who published a story in either Ellery Queen or Alfred Hitchcock's magazines for something like thirty years straight. But I do want to broaden my writing to include short stories. And I would also like to develop characters that readers enjoy and will want to read again and again.

In order to understand the different rules of writing short stories, I'm going to start reviewing them each Wednesday. Much like my book reviews, I plan on writing about the stories, the author's style, and why the story worked (or didn't work). In this fashion, I intend to continue my self-education in crime fiction and see where it leads me. To publication, I hope.

No comments: