Monday, April 21, 2008

Page 123 Meme

I read The Rap Sheet everyday and, for once, I'm actually going to participate. Here are the rules, as posted by The Rap Sheet:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

Here are my answers.

1. Kiss Her Goodbye by Allan Guthrie (Hard Case Crime)
2-4. The chain rattle and the door clunked open. Tina's face was extremely pale. Her eyes were heavy-lidded, vulnerable without their usual protective layer of blue mascara.

(Odd, it actually reads like a horror story when, in fact, it's a crime story. What you do get, however, is a taste, albeit a small one, of the delicate treat it is to read an Allan Guthrie book with the wit he infuses his characters. This is my first Guthrie book...but it won't be my last.)

5. Since I read a lot of blogs but don't necessary have relationships with any but a few bloggers, I'm limiting my tags to three. You can see my other favorite bloggers on the right. Doug Warren, Victoria Graydale, L. L. Park,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mine was Quag Keep, by Andre Norton.

"We have an elf, and the elven-kind are mighty fighters, to be sure. No one within this world will gainsay that they have proven that many times over. But they have other gifts that the rest of us do not possess."

That was a fun exercise.